Eleven children injured in Blyth park dog attack

...has received 92 comments (page 8)
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.

So we'll all need a licence to own most dogs, how does that work, do we have to apply before we take a dog on?
When would the dog be tested for temperament, bite inhibition etc? 8 weeks, a year, 2 years, every year of it's life?
What happens if it fails? I'm interested honestly.
My well bred, kc registered staffie has never shown any aggression to anyone and he is typical of his breed. Although when he's play fighting with my male Pug he sounds like a Tasmanian devil.
You lost me somewhat with your specifically bred for size and temperament etc because he was. He doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body, whether that is his nature or nurture I wouldn't like to say, probably both. He does of course have an extremely responsible owner, me. I couldn't have applied for a licence before buying him, because I didn't buy him. I took him on as a youngster when his family broke up, it was me or rescue.
Your Nanny dog was bred to be a dogfighter, to kill all opponents as fast as possible. The sad thing is that there are actually English Nannies some of them grandmothers, who actually believe the complete Nanny dog nonsense.

Breed heritage https://i.ytimg.com/vi/P7rP5hbY3LQ/maxresdefault.jpg
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Your Nanny dog was bred to be a dogfighter, to kill all opponents as fast as possible. The sad thing is that there are actually English Nannies some of them grandmothers, who actually believe the complete Nanny dog nonsense.

Breed heritage https://i.ytimg.com/vi/P7rP5hbY3LQ/maxresdefault.jpg

You are just trying to antagonise me and I keep telling you I'm not interested in your opinions or your links.

My Staffie was ethically bred to meet the breed standard, which he does.

Characteristics
Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children.

Temperament
Bold, fearless and totally reliable.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2016, 09:17 PM
You are just trying to antagonise me and I keep telling you I'm not interested in your opinions or your links.

My Staffie was ethically bred to meet the breed standard, which he does.

Characteristics
Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children.

Temperament
Bold, fearless and totally reliable.
Trouble, I am not antagonizing you, though someone needs to inform the English people that the Staffordshire terrier was bred to kill not to be a Nanny to children. Preferably this would be the same body that banned the pit-bull.

Those characteristics were written by a retarded joker, perhaps Benny Hill. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3839949054.jpg

Look up psychological denial.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

23-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Trouble, I am not antagonizing you, though someone needs to inform the English people that the Staffordshire terrier was bred to kill not to be a Nanny to children. Preferably this would be the same body that banned the pit-bull.

Those characteristics were written by a retarded joker, perhaps Benny Hill. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3839949054.jpg

Look up psychological denial.
If you read the accurate details of their history You would know that was bred out of them by culling a very long time ago.
Why should you care what dogs are banned in the UK anyway?
Your assumptions are based on stories in the press known for sensationalism. Do you know or have met any British SBT's on which you could base your opinion ?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2016, 12:17 AM
If you read the accurate details of their history You would know that was bred out of them by culling a very long time ago.
Why should you care what dogs are banned in the UK anyway?
Your assumptions are based on stories in the press known for sensationalism. Do you know or have met any British SBT's on which you could base your opinion ?
If you read the current news stories you would understand that killing is still in their genes. Sad to say but you are displaying classic denial of the fact that you have chosen one of the top most vicious dog breeds. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...cfjSPW6Bfth.97 You never answered as to how old your children are? OR if any of your children have ever had 240 stitches in their face?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2016, 07:24 AM
You don't answer anything so why should any of us waste time on you. You are obsessed and mostly the links you post are not current.
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Sorry, I don't have all the answers here I was just voicing an opinion on legislation...

All factors would need to be considered in deciding which types of dog required specific legislation and indeed what that legislation consisted of and how it would be enforced.

Personally, as a responsible dog owner I would have no problem with this, if I chose to own a dog that required additional legislation to ensure people bred, raised and trained them properly I would feel I was doing the right thing for the good of the breed.

As for deciding on which breeds of dog/ variants of breeds that pose the most threat I refer back to my original combined factors, I assume that these factors have played a part in determining which breeds have ultimately been banned in various countries?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2016, 08:20 AM
That's Ok Waggytail none of us have all the answers. I'm a responsible dog owner, I train my dogs to be extremely sociable and well behaved in all circumstances. I'm more than happy to be held responsible for my dogs actions. I know I'm doing the right thing by my dogs. I'm sure you can see how unworkable it would be to licence every dog owner or those that want a dog larger than a say a Pug. My Staffie is more powerful than my Pugs but don't underestimate a Pug. He really isn't that much larger though. In order for licencing to be fair rather than a witch hunt it would need to include all dogs as many small dogs are very snappy. The worst bite I've ever suffered was from a Border Collie while removing my friends Pug from the BC's jaws. The second worse was Jrt Puppy and the 3rd was terrier mix, none of which are considered dangerous but I nearly lost a finger to the BC.
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Its an interesting but at the same time very sad debate isn't it?

I am old enough to remember when you DID have to have a licence to own a dog!

Legislation on dogs needs to be honest and fair and ultimately risk assessed, as I said on combined factors.

Sadly another story in the papers today I see?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2016, 08:59 AM
If one were to look back through the cases of fatal dog attacks on humans in the UK, almost all the cases follow a pattern. The owner of the dogs involved was not present at the time, the dogs are under-exercised, under-trained and badly bred (many are not pedigree Staffordshire Bull Terriers but a mix of bull breeds and most likely bred and bought from an unreputable source).

The reason there are more reported cases of particular types of dogs is because the bull breed mixes are the current choice of the person looking for a "macho" dog, or one to guard his drugs, or to intimidate people with. These are the owners that need policing and their dogs removing from them. If this could be done then fatal dogs attacks would be reduced even further.

Just for perspective, cattle kill more people in the UK than dogs every year. Fatal dog attacks are RARE in this country.
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top