register for free

Dog News

Crufts judge thinks twice after KC’s GSD shake

GSD's - At Last Some Action From The KC.

The Kennel Club Limited: KC to ban excessively sloping backs in German Shepherd Dogs.

KC imposes tough measures on GSD: Standard to change

THE GERMAN Shepherd judge at Crufts 2018 is having second thoughts about the appointment following the Kennel Club’s shake-up of the breed.

Nikki Farley – who is WUSV/GSD League British Regional Group chairman – said she was not sure that the KC could ‘break its contract’ with her that way.

“I have a contract and letters from them and nowhere there does it say anything about having to re-sit an examination,” she said.

“So I need to look at more detailed information and think very seriously about it.

“What the KC has done is horrible, but it hasn’t really surprised me.”

The KC has clamped down hard on exhibitors and judges, and announced yesterday that the breed Standard is to change on August 1; judges are to be scrutinised and all 2018 contracts suspended until the judges involved have attended an education seminar; and KC representatives are to be sent to shows to put a stop to double handling.
http://www.dogworld.co.uk/product.ph...%20to%20change

Your comments and views:
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 07:31 PM
O hip hip hip hooray ... That is wonderful news June !,
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2016, 07:42 PM
I do think it is a step in the right direction, but I do wish the Kennel Club would also impose non-registration rules for litters from non health tested (with good results!) parents.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2016, 07:47 PM
I do too, for all breeds, not just GSD.Winds me up when I get an enquiry for one of the boys, I ask for the mothers health results and get told 'she's only a pet' well in that case why breed from her!!! There is no way I would let anyone use my boys without the mother being health checked and me getting copies of those results.
My girls are first and foremost my pets, but because I breed from them, then they are health tested
CJ2020
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Great news to read that. My GSD ( sadly no longer with me) had a wonderful back and hip score but he was a white haired and would not even be recognised by the kennel club.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 12:28 PM
I think when they have sorted the many many health problems caused by irresponsible breeding, THEN and only then, can they start getting heated and picky about colour. Say in about 100 years or so because the dyed in the wool sloping back breeders aren't going to give up easily
TrumpetsGo
New Member!
Female 

06-08-2016, 08:04 AM
i think its a great idea...

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top