register for free

Dog News

Eleven children injured in Blyth park dog attack

Eleven children have been injured in a dog attack in a fenced-off play park.

The Staffordshire bull terrier was restrained by a parent after biting the children in Blyth, Northumberland.

Three of the children, who all suffered bite wounds as they were trapped in the park, were kept in hospital overnight, after the attack at about 18:30 BST on Wednesday.

Police later arrested a 37-year-old woman on suspicion of having a dog dangerously out of control.
Photos & story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-36330540

Your comments and views:
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Oh gosh, those poor children . Both of mine are lovely natured dogs but I never ever allow them near children, they haven't been brought up with them and whilst I am utterly sure all would be fine I am just not prepared to risk it...I have never had them off lead in a park and if there are children on the field I keep them well away. I can only hope the dog was ill and that is why it behaved that way, I would hate to think she knew the dog was capable of that but allowed those children's lives to be ruined anyway
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Oh gosh, those poor children . Both of mine are lovely natured dogs but I never ever allow them near children, they haven't been brought up with them and whilst I am utterly sure all would be fine I am just not prepared to risk it...I have never had them off lead in a park and if there are children on the field I keep them well away. I can only hope the dog was ill and that is why it behaved that way, I would hate to think she knew the dog was capable of that but allowed those children's lives to be ruined anyway
Every bull terrier is capable of that sad to say. Yea I know yours is friendly, until it eats your neighbors kid.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Every bull terrier is capable of that sad to say. Yea I know yours is friendly, until it eats your neighbors kid.
Absolute rubbish...... in the UK staffies and their crosses are the most prolific over bred dogs we ave shelters are full of them, a unfortunately they can be the focus of unscrupulous breeding, and sadly owned by the wrong type o person.

Any dog that is mistreated and isolated , had no socialization can end up a danger to the public.

There are thousands of Staffies ( that`s what you meant I assume, as a staffordshire bull terrier and a bull terrier are two separate breeds) in this country that are fabulous dogs, they don`t call them nanny dogs for nothing.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2016, 05:05 PM
My Staffie is the baby sitter of the house, You don't half spout some nonsense NickyAnn

Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 07:59 PM
What a horrifying and sad story.

But yes...this is not how "all" of any dog breed acts. There was something SERIOUSLY wrong with this dog.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2016, 09:43 PM
NickyAnn..deary me
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
My Staffie is the baby sitter of the house, You don't half spout some nonsense NickyAnn

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majo...og-attack.html Grandma thought the same thing, until her dog KILLED her grandchild.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 12:30 AM
So you hate Jack Russells too?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
So you hate Jack Russells too?
No, but if Pit Bulls were exterminated prior to these fatal attacks, all of these people would be alive today. I assure you that these funerals were real

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_...ported_in_2015

Seriously your dog looks very happy running back and forth in your back yard.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top