register for free

Dog News

Pet dog mauled to death outside Milton Keynes home

Very sad, particularly as elderly people were involved

An elderly couple left devastated after witnessing their Yorkshire terrier being mauled to death outside their home have said they wanted to highlight the dangers of dogs being let off leads.

Ron, 75, and his wife Valerie, 72, from Milton Keynes, were taking their four terriers out for a walk on Saturday morning in Oldbrook when the black "Alsatian-type" dog attacked.
Their smallest dog, Lacey, suffered internal injuries and broken legs. She was put down at a veterinary surgery later that afternoon.

The couple, who did not want to give their surname, have released CCTV footage of the attack to publicise the danger to small dogs of large dogs being off the lead.

We have edited the footage to take out the most distressing scenes but some viewers may find the video upsetting.

Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...herts-39235108

Your comments and views:
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Chose not to watch the video,I can imagine it's horrific.Heart goes out to this poor couple,it's so sad.
RIP wee Lacey.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2017, 09:26 PM
I chose not to watch it also. It will certainly haunt the owners for the rest of their lives. When, oh went are people going to start acting responsibly?
akitababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2017, 03:49 AM
This is heart breaking, the owner of the alsatian dog must be responsible for what happen. My deepest sympathy for the owner of Lacey.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2017, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by akitababy View Post
This is heart breaking, the owner of the alsatian dog must be responsible for what happen. My deepest sympathy for the owner of Lacey.
I completely agree and I am saddened about what happened to the wee dog.

What I don't get is why nobody intervened or why the dogs were on the street in the first place.

The couple......released CCTV footage.

There's something that just doesn't seem to quite gel........
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Well no one can intervene if no one is around. I did watch the video and it didn't make pleasant viewing. Obviously the large dog being off lead on a public highway is indefensible. I just don't think the frail old guy helped the situation swinging the small dog around on the end of it's lead but I guess he didn't know what else to do and being elderly and frail his options were limited. Awful thing to happen no matter what.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well no one can intervene if no one is around. I did watch the video and it didn't make pleasant viewing. Obviously the large dog being off lead on a public highway is indefensible. I just don't think the frail old guy helped the situation swinging the small dog around on the end of it's lead but I guess he didn't know what else to do and being elderly and frail his options were limited. Awful thing to happen no matter what.
There was someone around. And we don't know that the old guy was frail - he's about my age and I wouldn't consider myself frail.
But I agree with your point that the dog should not have been off the lead on a highway.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

16-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
There was someone around. And we don't know that the old guy was frail - he's about my age and I wouldn't consider myself frail.
But I agree with your point that the dog should not have been off the lead on a highway.
Age has nothing to do with frailness. I watched the video and saw the way he was moving. Also it's a fact people lose muscle strength as they age and to be brutally honest the old bloke was swinging the small dogs around like lures so is at least partly to blame for the outcome. They were obviously freaked out by the attack and appeared to have no clue how to deal with it. He could have just swung them up into his arms and squashed himself and dogs into the hedge but no he was swinging and dangling them by their necks. Having small dogs is often harder than owning large dogs as they seem to be fair game for many larger dogs.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Age has nothing to do with frailness.
Then why mention it?
And if you watch the video, there were people around.
Have another nice day.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

16-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Then why mention it?
And if you watch the video, there were people around.
Have another nice day.
I watched the video did you?
I mentioned it because I thought he looked frail.
My comment referred to the video not you.
You may not be frail but that old couple certainly looked it.
People ? Really some muppet who just got in the way, yeah just what you need.
I'll mention what I like thanks as I'm not answerable to you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top