register for free

Dog News

'Don't bag up dog poo in countryside', animal owners urged

Agree? Disagree?

Dog walkers are being urged not to bag up their pet's poo in the countryside - but to use a stick and flick it into the undergrowth instead.

Conservative MP Anne Main will advocate the method during a Westminster debate as a way of reducing the number of plastic bags blighting the countryside.

Mrs Main says better signage is needed at the entrance of parks and open spaces so dog owners know what to do.

She says poo-filled bags hanging from trees are a nationwide problem.
Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39254072

Your comments and views:
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Yeah but stay away from food crops.
Not a problem we have with the country park, boot and scoot is already well established.
akitababy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2017, 04:23 AM
Better to bury the poop in an open area, and Trouble is right it is a matter of how you train your dog.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2017, 05:09 AM
If someone takes the trouble to bag the poo it is surely then a simple matter of correctly depositing that deposit. Then it wouldn't contribute to the plastic bag plague.

But yes, I have seen them dumped just yards from a poo bin.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I have seen them dumped just yards from a poo bin.
Me too, also where we go often I have seen bags tied to tree branches I mean what the heck were these morons thinking by doing that. Just shows what I think the education system in England has produced in the last 20 or so years

Neither Casey or Lara use the path, they both go in the undergrowth, if it's visible from the path I might (If I'm in a particularly good mood) go and scrape some earth over with my boot

Of course some people might like to buy the robot poop scooper that was talked about on another thread but some of us have been engineers and can see that will never work (Well not in the forrest where we go)
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2017, 11:14 PM
I've been sticking and flicking for a long time and burying when on the beach. Much much better than picking up even in biodegradable bags. I only pick up when on pavements, which is not very often.
OMNIDOG
New Member!
Male 

22-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Actually, E Coli from pet waste can be a problem in small streams and waterways, even in rural settings. Just a couple of large dogs a can generate a ton of waste, and that bacteria does find its way to streams. Please bag.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top