register for free

Dog News

Dog gets his head wedged between a rock and a hard place

A dog whose head became wedged between two boulders at a children's playpark had to be freed with two car jacks after both firefighters and the RSPCA were unable to help.

Cocker spaniel Eric was trapped for an hour and a half at the park in Blackburn, Lancashire, while worried owner Paula Gerrard, and her partner Carl called the fire service.

Ms Gerrard said firefighters told her it was the RSPCA's job to free him, but the charity didn't have an officer free to help.
...[snip]...
'I rang the fire brigade and they said I needed to call the RSPCA, who would evaluate the situation, and it was up to them to call the fire brigade.

'It took me 20 minutes to get through to somebody. Eric was trapped for one and a half hours before we managed to get him free using two can jacks.
According to a fire service spokesman

'When we receive a call from the owner of a small animal that is trapped, we always ask the RSPCA to investigate first and see if they can free the animal without need for a fire engine which may be required for a life critical incident.

'If the RSPCA cannot free the animal by themselves, a fire engine will be sent to the scene to assist.'
Full article and photographs here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...car-jacks.html

Lucky for Eric the owner finally managed to get him free, but a pity the RSPCA took so long to answer the telephone call in the first place, and Eric would have still been suffering had he not been freed by the time they did send help.

No comments yet - be the first to comment!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top