register for free

Dog News

Canadian Dog Walker fakes dog theft

...has received 20 comments (page 2)
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 03:03 PM
What a truly awful story, and I too would have no qualms about shutting this woman in a car on a hot day and leaving her there.

Those poor dogs, and I doubt that their owners will get over this - ever.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Nor me Bitkin. I haven't 'got over' my last beloved dog just lying down and dying peacefully and silently at my feet. Still haunts me.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like for these owners. They weren't there (like I was) their imaginations must be in overdrive and in the worst possible way.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 05:28 PM
"who made US better than dogs"

Well, even most people on this site will advocate that any dog that bites a child or really most humans should be put down immediately. That being said, some kind of law of nature HAS made us better and more important than dogs. I did not make it, but it IS there.

I think punishments are not harsh enough for dog cruelty, but I guess I'd just never wish death on anybody. But I suppose that is where my opinion differs from others.

BTW, someone used my cat for target practice, too. She has two BB bullets on each of her sides, one deeper than the other... but otherwise in the exact same spot. Someone had to have HELD her while someone else SHOT her. Don't wish death on whoever did it, just wish I could level them to the ground with a fist to the teeth.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 06:10 PM
We all know they won't be put to death Myra. Death penalty abolished here anyway! Doesn't stop some of us feeling as if we could kill them. And certainly feeling the penalties for this sort of thing ate too lenient.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 06:14 PM
So any dog that bites a human should be put down immediately - but not any human that kills an animal needlessly..

Ok this is a no win argument, I guess I don't believe that humans are better than most creatures on this earth, we are destroying our habitat and each other slowly, no other species is quite as destructive as humans.. but apparently its ok as nature HAS made us better and more important than dogs!!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Well said DD!
I do not think we're better than any other animal. We're just more persistent and remarkably adaptable.
There is no 'law of nature' that has made us 'better' than other animals, this is simply something that some humans perceive. If we really were that much intelligent and better and had more morals, we wouldn't be torturing millions of innocent animals every year, burning down rainforests, polluting the oceans, exterminating whole species, killing each other about religion and other stuff etc. the list is endless.
No, really.. I think we have a great ability to think, but we're mostly not using it right.
In my opinion, people who think we're truly above all other forms of life on this planet are either caught up in some religious cult or have an extremely small mindset and can't see the world from a different point of view.

Myra, you may think that we're more important (or say that this is the law of nature) than for example ants. To you, it matters not if you squash an ant, or anything that goes on in the ant world. The individual ant is of no concern to you because it is not in your life. However, looking at it from the ants perspective: you are nothing. You're one of those big shadows that wander the world. You are of no concern to the ant unless you enter its life. To the ant, that makes you completely unimportant, just like the ant may be to you. But that doesn't mean that ants themselves aren't important, because they're extremely important for our eco system. Unlike you, you (an humans in general) are not important to our eco system.
Coming back to dogs: no, I don't see them as lesser beings. They are beings in their own right and if someone kills them (we could be talking about mass murder here) I think humans should be punished for it. Perhaps not with death, because that is not how I want the world to work. But I will still wish death upon those people and if they die from something, I will not feel sorry for them.
And I know a lot of people don't see eye to eye with me about that, but that is of no concern to me
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2014, 07:32 PM
How awful, why I feel sentences should be more severe is because someone who can inflict pain on a poor defenceless animal is mentally unhinged and to my mind not a safe member of society.

This also made my mind up even though it's not always perfect I would rather stay in my job I'm not keen on than work further away and not be able to walk him a couple of times a day myself.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 08:46 PM
"Myra, you may think that we're more important (or say that this is the law of nature) than for example ants. To you, it matters not if you squash an ant, or anything that goes on in the ant world. The individual ant is of no concern to you because it is not in your life."

Where on Earth did this come from? You just assumed a lot about me that is't true. I'd never hurt an animal on purpose and I do care if they are hurt. I feel that life is more significant than that. THAT is where my entire argument came from to begin with. That death isn't something that can be thrown around lightly. I try hard to put animals that come in here outside and I never smash bugs etc. when I see one.

I also never said that humans were better, just that the law of the land states that they are. Personally most people would easily kill an animal before they'd even lay a finger on a person, so that is what I was referring to. Not sure where all this "I don't care" stuff came from.

Also, I didn't say that any animal that bites a human should be put down. That is absurd IMO. If someone enter my home and my dog bites them, the dog doesn't deserve to be put down. At all. As a matter of fact, good dog.

I said most people think that dogs that bite or deal serious damage should be put down, even though we know it's almost always a human's fault when a dog kills or severely hurts someone.

That is just how it works. Even among this site people believe that most dogs that have a bite history or that have killed or severely injured should be put down... believe it or not. But there are threads proving that most people feel that way.

Humans are given more leniency. Again, that is how it works. I didn't make these rules, I don't enforce them, and don't even always agree. So that is that.

This is a no win argument if I am going to be accused of thinking that all animals that bite should be put down (when I have sat on this very site and argued against that) and that smaller animals lives mean nothing (when my entire argument is that life is so important, that I could not wish death on anybody).
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 10:11 PM
There really is no point argueing. I meant 'you' as in the general 'you' as in everybody. It is how it is, every species and individual will see themselves as more significant and more important than others. But only from their own prespective, that's why I came up with the ant comparison. I never said you squash bugs or anything, it was an example of how much it would do to your life if you did. To us humans, it matters a lot whether someone dies or not. To the world, it makes no difference. THAT'S how we're all equal. We all matter, and we all don't. To say that human life is more significant, more important to this world and universe is crazy.
You did however at first say the 'law of nature' is that humans are better, not 'the law of the land' which are two completely different things that mean completely different viewpoints. One being the law of nature, evolution and natural development, the other a man made invention of how specific areas are kept in order. So I will just leave it at that, I think I've made my point clear that this woman has committed a horrible act and deserves more than a couple of weeks in prison.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 10:18 PM
That is fair enough, Florence.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top