register for free

Dog News

Illegal meat trade dogs adopted

A small group of women from Scotland have adopted dogs destined to be butchered for restaurants in parts of south east Asia. Stolen from Thailand to supply an illegal meat trade, four dogs were rescued from a smuggler's truck in March and eventually flown to Edinburgh to meet their new owners.

Amanda Leask from the Highlands, new owner of rescued dog Bliss, said: “Ending up on someone's plate, … it's barbaric what these dogs go through.” She said the dogs are skinned alive

Dogs are inhumanely smuggled out of Thailand in their thousands and killed for the illegal meat trade. Draft legislation is being considered by the Thai parliament, which aims to introduce new animal welfare laws and a recent campaign by Thai charity the Soi Dog Foundation has seen an increase in arrests of smugglers.

Your comments and views:
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2013, 01:03 PM
So sad
So lucky to have been rescued.Bliss is just gorgeous
audreymari
New Member!
Female 

27-08-2013, 03:55 PM
OMG a fate worse than death.....and then after that there IS death......so glad these little ones have been rescued and are safe with us over here!
rosbour
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2013, 10:34 PM
What a fantastic job you are doing if we had a magic wand! i hate these illegal traders and there barbaric ways :Bliss is beautiful and one of the lucky ones.
Dody
New Member!
Female 

12-11-2013, 06:25 PM
A am new here, but I read a few years back about what was done with St. Bernard's in Asia to prepare for the table. Also, that wealth could come to a poor family from owning a breeding pair, since considering the size of the animal they ate minimally, making ownership more of a bargain. The Swiss were up in arms over it, since the St. is their mascot. I am hoping with more westernization the problem is much less, today. Dody
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2013, 02:09 PM
It is good that someone is helping these poor dogs. Unfortunately there is so much animals cruelty going on.
pitboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-02-2014, 04:44 PM
I hope the smugglers try to skin a pitbull or a rotti they going to get what they deserve a nice bite on the hand!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top