register for free

Dog News

Owners' plea for return of missing dogs

The heartbroken owners of two missing Vietnamese dogs have offered a reward for their safe return.

The two German Shepherds, who answer to the names of George and Loulou, broke free while they were being walked on Sunday, August 3.

The three-year-old females were only bought over from Vietnam by owners Linda and Nigel Smith last month.

The couple had been working in the country and have had the animals since they were puppies.
Full article and photographs of the dogs here...

http://www.solihullnews.net/news/loc...s-plea-7633183

I do hope they are found safely and soon.

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Both dogs broke free? These stories of lost dogs are always strange to me. How'd they BOTH "break free"? Anyway, I hope they are found safety and that if they are, their owners are more careful.

Also, the brown dog doesn't look like a GSD, looks more like a Malinois.
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Ha, mj, I've managed to lose both dogs. Mine suddenly convert back to racing trailhounds off lead so I only ever let one off lead at a time. Unfortunately, on one walk the one on lead ran behind my back and yanked so hard that I dropped the lead and the two of them disappeared over the horizon. 16 very frantic hours later the little darlings came back! It's taught me not to judge accidents.

I also hope that these dogs are found safely. On top of the normal worry the owners will be also be feeling very guilty and irresponsible - I did.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Megsy, that reminds me of when I tied my dogs together in the house for training and one had no recall and when I opened the door for the one that didn't run off, the one that did took off, and was dragged along behind her! I had forgotten they were hinged together.

They both went running up the hill but he stayed near her and stopped them short, and I went to pick them up shortly. They did not go far (I knew he would not, for he was a 14 year old dog who had lived with me since he was a puppy).

But if neither of them knew where home was or had reliable recall, I'd certainly not have opened the door without having a good grip on the leashes. Jade has snatched me once very hard and I'd have let go of the leash, had it not been tired around my wrist. As it was, I fell and injured myself slightly, but my dog went no where!

I suppose anything can happen, though, and I only hope they are found safely

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top