register for free

Dog News

Owner’s 15-year ban for leaving dead dogs to rot

TWO dead dogs were left to rot in a run-down house in South Tyneside.

David Rymell’s Staffordshire bull terriers were found under clothing and household items after they were left to decay for around a year.

Magistrates in South Tyneside heard that Rymell, 33, left the dogs with bones strewn across the floor of his South Shields home because he “could not face” going into the property.

Magistrates were told that, after the death of his 15-year-old dog, Bud, Rymell left the animal in the lounge and locked the other dog in the kitchen and abandoned his home, only returning to collect post.

After eight days Rymell’s other dog, Weiser, aged seven, was also found dead.
Denise Jackman, prosecuting, said vets could not determine a cause of death for either dog, and they had been left covered up by clothes and cushions.

Rymell, a scaffolder, now of Cornhill, Jarrow, admitted to two counts of failing to meet the needs of an animal, and was banned from keeping dogs for 15 years and fined £260.
...[snip]...
... the dogs were found in June last year, when bailiffs forced their way into the home to repossess it after Rymell stopped paying rent.

RSPCA officers were called and found the dogs’ decomposed carcasses, and no sign of water, food or bowls.

Rymell told police he was so shocked at the death of Bud he could not put himself through going into the house every day.
Full article here...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/c...-rot-1-6790705

So because one of his dogs died he deliberately locked up the second one and left it to die?

Your comments and views:
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Someone should do the same to him.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Boy, when I hear about things like this... the first thing I think is:

MENTAL PROBLEMS

He was so consumed by grief over the death of his older dog, he lost all form of rational thought and abandoned the entire house, and everything else inside. He tried to cover the dogs, but it was not enough.

He even stopped paying rent and moved out of the house. He also has not gotten another dog since those died. No, this was not a conscious act of malice IMO, though I don't disagree with his ban on keeping animals.

CLEARLY he is not fit to own pets ATM. He needs a mental evaluation and serious counseling. what he did makes no real sense and the only thing I can think to make him react in such an extreme manner is mental instability.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top