register for free

Dog News

Man posing as dog warden trying to fine dog owners

A man posing as a dog warden has been attempting to issue on-the-spot fines of Ł50 to dog owners in Ellington Park, Ramsgate. The uniformed man has been targeting owners, claiming their dogs have fouled or were were off lead in areas where leads are required.

The leader of Thanet Council said that dog wardens issue fixed penalty notices and do not collect on-the-spot fines and advised people to contact the police if approached by someone trying to collect cash.

The chairman of the Friends of Ellington Park group said the con was inevitable because of a lack of enough dog wardens to deal with the issue of dog fouling in the park. “We are lacking a service and in these difficult times you will get conmen.”

Your comments and views:
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I had a Council bloke come up to me to tell me my dog should be on lead in a Park. I marched him over to the map and proved I was legal. Dog owners these days need to study law it seems.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Must admit I say good luck to him if he can get people to be more responsible about poop-picking. I wish someone would hit these irresponsible owners in the pocket.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top