register for free

Dog News

Loyal dog refused to leave owner's grave

When 68-year-old Lao Pan died in November 2011, his heartbroken dog refused to leave his grave. He was discovered after a week with no food or shelter, and despite efforts to try to coax him away, he remained by his owner's grave.

The story was reported in November when the dog went missing after his owner's death in the village of Panjiatun, China.

Villagers were so moved by the dog's loyalty, they brought him food and water and were planning to build a kennel by the grave.

I haven't been able to find an update but I hope the little dog is safe.

Your comments and views:
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Aww It's like Greyfriar's Bobby all over again
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I really hope the dog is OK, this story reminds me of the Akita, Hachi (sorry if spelled wrongly).
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I also hope the dog is safe but also annoyed at the media once again, this is typical of them to feature a story and then fail to follow through and I'm also thinking that this must have originated in a government controlled news agency (Because no stories ever get out which are not approved by the government media mandarins) and it is they who don't really care what happens to a dog, they have gained their 'good publicity' story and they hope it will contradict all the bad news stories about the way their population usually treat animals in that country.

There are no depths to which a totalitarian regime will not sink to in order to make black look like white We must remember that every time we see or read about what happens in China.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Aww thats soo sad that poor dog. Shame there wasnt a follow up bless him

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top