register for free

Dog News

Lottery winner fulfils canine charity dream

Winning the lottery is most people’s dream along with the list of life changing purchases that a lottery win could mean – houses, cars, holidays and all manner of luxury items. But for one lottery winner – Michelle Edwards - all the new found trappings of wealth didn’t totally fulfil her, she wanted to do something more meaningful with her life. She found that fulfilment by becoming a puppy parent for Canine Partners.

Michelle and her husband Ed, 48, won Ł1,925,567 online in August 2008 just six months after they married. Michelle comments: “We were already happy with our lives but winning the lottery was the most amazing experience and gave us the chance to change our lives beyond our wildest dreams. I immediately quit my job after winning and we bought a four bedroom house set in three quarters of an acre. But, after working all my life, when I had finished doing the house up I thought ‘what on earth am I going to do now?’ The truth is I wanted to do something more worthwhile with my spare time”.

By chance Michelle saw a stall at Sherborne Country Show for the charity Canine Partners which provides assistance dogs for people with disabilities. Already a dog lover with three dogs of her own, she immediately knew she wanted to help. Michelle trained to become a puppy parent in 2009 and was handed Golden Retriever puppy Xagan that September, two years after becoming a millionaire.
Full article and two lovely photos here...

http://www.k9magazine.com/lottery-wi...charity-dream/

How nice to start the day with a Good News story!

No comments yet - be the first to comment!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top