register for free

Dog News

Blind man asked to keep guide dog out of shopping centre because of a soiling issue

...has received 12 comments (page 2)
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks guys
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2012, 06:28 PM
lol @ Tazer.
My first pup had intestinal problems
and would
Occassionally spend on a walk. It happens. Thing is this sounds like a regular behaviour and for guide dogs to say the dog is stressed he is definitely stressed and the behaviour is out of character. It does need to stop as it could become unhygenic ( think veg aisle in Tesco) and even dangerous ( think middle of a busy road). The behaviour needs to be unlearned and the reason for the stress discovered and sorted. Can't see the problem with what's being done. My only
Problem is with the owner who actually, if he cannot accept the dog is stressed, may be the root cause. One trainer stressed my aforementioned pup totally and he would spend on every walk with her but never ever with other trainers ( even when he was ill...) Strangely he was also called Shane.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Pippam, let us be logical, if the dog was a fraud (or the owner was) do you really think that the GDBA would be involved?

I agree with Ramble, the dog cannot cope with this environment for some reason and it would appear, if the report is accurate, that the only person being unreasonable is the blind man, the GDBA and the shopping centre are trying to sort the problem.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top