Dog News

Police seek dog owner after guide dog attacked by dog

...has received 16 comments (page 2)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Question.

Why are the police involved in this "dog on dog" attack but appear not to want to get involved in others?

smokeybear
Was wondering the same thing.

Have we suddenly had a law passes (whilst I was sleeping) that guide dogs are exempt from dog on dog attacks
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2012, 03:22 PM
This is the way of the world SB and SW, they will pursue this as its a dog being trained for a guide dog and it costs the society to train these dogs..........its that simple
Who's pursuing it, the guide dog association, which I can understand that argument, but the police don't fund it, they don't fund me training my dog and wont get involved, so why are they getting involved in what is simply a dog on dog attack.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 06:16 AM
I went to college with Tim Stafford, the mobility manager, and I know he is very concerned about the number of attacks on guide dogs, and has been for a few years.

Sadly the attacking dogs are almost all of the usual "status dog" type with apparently clueless owners

It must be terrifying for the people being guided, and horrible for the guide dogs who have to do their job.

Wys
x
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2012, 12:24 PM
The biggest problem is that for those of us who try to be responsible dog owners, it's getting more and more dangerous when we're out with our dogs (regardless of in what capacity) without any means of redress.

Even if you are aware of the law, who is responsible for breaking it and have a boatload of physical evidence, the Police (West Mids at least anyway), the RSPCA, Local Authorities etc just don't want to know.

I'm always cautious when I'm out with any of my dogs whereas I used to be so happy go lucky with them. I've changed where I've walked before now because of certain peopel or dogs walking about at certain times and it's not nice to not be able to feel you can go somewhere you usually enjoy because you have to be so aware of other people not giving a damn about others.
Suzanne2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2012, 10:08 PM
There must be CCTV footage, I hope they use it. That is a very busy spot, there must be loads of witnesses. Distressing for all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Blow your other prospective. Too many youngsters are getting these trophy dogs, especially the poor Staffordshire Terrier who with a responsible owner would be a perfectively beautiful dog but in the hands of youngsters training them to be aggressive then they will be. Time to licence and ban under 21s from dog ownership. I know this will not cure all problems but might go some way to curing the problem. The DDA doesn't cover this sort of ownership and practice with Staffies.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Sorry I was referring to the following quote:-

"A group of kids, May not have had the dog long, possibly weren't expecting it to react to the guide dog. Panicked,

From another perspective.

Sosha"
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top