register for free

Dog News

Police officers rescue a "viscious" Pit Bull and reunite him with his owner

When Arlington Police Officers received various calls about a dangerous Pit bull roaming the streets they responded immediately. Thanks to their dangerous dog training classes, Sgt. Gary Carter and Officer Heather Gibson were prepared to deal with the “dangerous” pet, yet, when they met the dog, they realized the animal was not dangerous at all, he was just thirsty and tired.

When the police officers arrived at the last location where the white Pit bull had been seen, they clearly recognized the pet was dehydrated and needed help.
Officer Gibson lured the dog into the back seat of the patrol car using a protein bar, and as soon as the canine was safely inside, the dog wagged his tail and greeted the officers as if telling them “thanks for rescuing me.”

The canine was later taken to a shelter where he was scanned for a microchip. Luckily, he had one and it was registered to Antonio Mireles.

Immediately, the pet owner was contacted and he happily went to claim Jeffrey, his pet.

“I had been looking for him for days,” said Mireles.
Full article and photographs here...

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/06/p...im-with-owner/

I love a happy ending and do like the final sentence in the article:

People fear Pit bulls because they are falsely known as vicious dogs, but we animal lovers know there are no dangerous dogs, just dangerous pet owners.

No comments yet - be the first to comment!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top