register for free

Dog News

Farm cow trample victim wants warnings

A man who was injured when he was trampled by cattle has said clearer warning signs need to be put up to tell walkers of the dangers.

Robert Tatler was attacked on the same day another man was killed by livestock on the same farm on the Derbyshire/Staffordshire

Andrew Critchlow, from the National Farmers' Union, said walkers with dogs had to be especially careful when calves were being born.
Article and video here...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-l...shire-27645835

Should there have been more warning signs put up?

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-05-2014, 09:30 PM
I don't like the stickers - they seem to suggest it's the dogs fault. Proper warnings would be better.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 06:38 AM
common sense would help...of course a mother cow will protect her young from any other critter.

common sense will keep dogs out of fields where livestock is grazing and living.

townies....everyone must bow to them!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Jeez couldn't he see the cows, they're not exactly small. The way I see it is if you're in a field that's not full off crops you should expect to meet livestock of some description. Or do they think farmers provide fields just for dog walkers?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Actually yes I do agree warnings would be good, and yes cows are big but some fields are big and straddle hills so without a periscope you have no idea what is in the field with you. Common sense or not warnings are needed in some fields.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2014, 10:38 AM
It ain't your field so assume the farmer who owns it is using it. Next they'll complain the signs are up and yet there are no livestock in the field and the farmer is just putting up signs to keep dog walkers out.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2014, 11:42 AM
No it isn't my field but we have a right to walk on the footpaths and unless we use them the farmers will not maintain them. So we use them or lose them. Personally I want future generations to be able to enjoy the countryside and not just the farmers and rich who can own large tracts of it.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top