register for free

Dog News

Why is the RSPCA killing so many pets

...has received 19 comments (page 2)
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Yes Chris, rather than kill it. Or make sure the cat saw a vet immediately. Put that condition but this high handed behaviour?
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-08-2014, 01:05 PM
I have nothing but contempt for the RSPCA, they have become a money making business, they are no longer a caring animal charity, the more I hear about them, the further my contempt for them grows.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm beginning to sound like an advert for the RSPCA which isn't my intention, but the way I see it is that without them, the animal world would be worse off.

There's a lot of things about the running of the organisation that, I believe, could be vastly improved, but, all the same, they do a job that no other organisation is at present equipped to do.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2014, 01:37 PM
All I did was post a News article that was posted in the media.

Please do not blame me if the article was incorrect.

Thank you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Oh, if anyone read the whole article, that cat was not the only one concerned.

I do not write these articles - I only post what I see, so please do not blame me if what I post is incorrect.

It comes to me as News and as such I post it as News. I am not responsible for what the media posts and I apologise if people think otherwise.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2014, 01:46 PM
I reported someone for animal abuse, they had a cat that weighed 4 times what an average cat should & it was a small cat, so grossly overweight. A year later I reported them to the RSPCA again, but told them not to bother going around, because the obese cat had died from being overweight !

I found a duckling in my garden(I have no pond or free water)again reported to the RSPCA who told me to put it back in the garden & the "mother duck" would come back for it. Doh I had 2 cats at the time & they were both hunters so would kill the duckling, "well there's nothing else we can help with" In the end I took the duckling to my vet, who offered to find a rescue place for it(which they did on a local nature reserve)

Wouldn't let my dogs pee on the RSPCA if they were on fire
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Couldn't agree more with joedeeuk.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2014, 03:17 PM
No time for the RSPCA I'm afraid. Time and again their lack of interest, support and frankly, common sense astounds me.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2014, 06:52 AM
I had a run in with them in the Uk many years ago. My landlady called them when I was admitted to hospital suddenly and they took my Siamese away. Why they could not just have fed him at home..... I had a dreadful job getting him back and then he had caught feline enteritis in their "care". ISPCA are useless here.
JTVN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Our local branch is self-funded and they do a wonderful job. We did an event recently and all money raised went to them not their head office.

At the moment they are offering spaying vouchers for Ł10. Local vets offer the procedure at a reduced rate but the branch pay the difference.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top