register for free

Dog News

Husky kidnapped, burned and stabbed in horrific ordeal

...has received 19 comments (page 2)
maryl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Good God almighty! Poor Shadow. Thank goodness he had the sense to find his way home.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:30 PM
After an ordeal like that, he was lucky to get himself home.

Poor Boy.

I hope they find and punish the sick, evil scumbags who could do this to an animal
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:48 PM
That is such a sickening story, one can not imagin how scared that poor dog must of been

I hope they find who did it and return the favour 2 fold
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 06:06 PM
It's just horrible, isn't it? I hope the sadistic b*ds who did this pay dearly for what they put that poor dog through.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 06:12 PM
The ba$tards who did this do not deserve to live.

Hatfield is not very far from me and in my local parks, I see several Malamutes and Huskies off leash, some of whom have no recall.
So I'm not that surprised to read of a Husky owner 'losing' her dog.

But for all of that abuse to occur in three hours... the vile beings that did it must have been very nearby and must have pounced on that poor dog when it wandered away from its owner.

Poor dog, poor owner. I pray they catch the 'people' who hurt this poor Husky.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 07:31 PM
There are some truly revolting individuals in this world. I hope one day they meet with a very unpleasant ending....
Vickie
New Member!
Female 

16-11-2011, 05:27 PM
This sort of thing has been happening to cats and dogs in my village recently. I live about 15miles from Hatfield. To the person that said she shouldn't have let the dog off in woods, I often take my Staffie to a dog walking woods and all dogs are off lead there.
Mahboula
New Member!
Female 

03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
This is my dog that the story is about. Thank you for everyone's kind words. He's recovered and still loves strangers on the bus for some reason and is as good as gold. No change whatsoever. To those who said about us letting him off:

A) he was with a pack of 3 other dogs & never usually ran off when in these woods as he's with two females his own age and his choc Lab he lives with
B) He was with my mother as he always came back for her especially with tripe

C) he loves people so it would have just been that he ran up to the group of boys that were around and they've taken him

D) we are fully aware of huskies and they're hunting instincts and everything else in between but it has been known that a select few have been able to stay off the lead at a young age and it's when they get older that's when they run. It's also said that they will turn on the cat... We have two. One of which we got 2 years after the dog moved in and he cuddles them and sometimes tries his luck with dominating them but that's it. So it can be done. As the dog gets older and his hunting instinct get stronger then yes, they will run off after sheep, horse or cows. But as he had always came back with the pack we wanted him to have a full play before being on a lead for the rest of his life.

He's accidentally gotten off the lead before in a little woods near me and if I've chased him he will run as he thinks it's a game but if I stand there and ignore him he comes running up to me. I know my dog very well thank you very much and no, I haven't and won't let him off the lead since the incident but he's very very smart including a time he ran across the road as a truck was coming and ducked under it as when the truck was gone he was standing in front of my mum. They're not stupid and neither are we. It was a mistake. But he would have come back if it had not been for those vile boys as he ran home.

Also the police took two years before they arrested anyone that was bragging about it and we've heard nothing since. It was meant to go to court. Not sure what's happening as of now as that was a year ago now. Why the police couldn't find epithelials on the rope lead that we gave them we don't know. And I would like to thank the PDSA for helping us with him. You did an amazing job!
Mahboula
New Member!
Female 

03-02-2014, 10:32 PM
*his fur wasn't set alight. It was burnt on the rump with a motorcycle exhaust as well. They would have had to keep him there for a long time to that. His double coat saved his life in more than one way. His vocals are also not 'normal' but he still talks and is audible. Sometimes he will choke though
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm sickened by this and to be honest sorry I read it. But have to say I've read mamy times that Huskies should not be let off leas?' I've no idea why but know I have read that many times about this breed. I've taken an interest in it because they are (insanely to my thinking) becoming very popular 'fashion dogs' here in sweltering Cyprus. And I only know one and I am very glad it is always on lead.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top