register for free

Dog News

Husky kidnapped, burned and stabbed in horrific ordeal

A young husky from Hatfield in Hertfordshire has suffered an appalling attack by evil thugs. Tied up, stabbed and burned, damage to his vocal cords means that he can no longer 'talk'. A vet said that it was “an attack to kill”.

One-year-old Shadow was let off lead by his owner's mum, Lisa, to play with her friend's dogs in woods near Welham Green. Shadow went missing and despite being called, he did not reappear.

Nearly three hours later, Shadow managed to find his way to his home in Bradshaws, Hatfield, having managed to escape from his captors. The terrified dog, wearing a rusty chain around his neck, was covered in blood. A vet revealed the extent of his terrible injuries – he had been stabbed several times around the neck, his fur had been set on fire and the thugs had tried to slit his throat, leaving a running wound.

Detectives are carrying out forensic tests on the rusty collar in the hope that they will be able to track down the culprits of this horrific attack. Let's hope they are successful.

A police spokesman has urged anyone with any information to call 101.

Your comments and views:
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 12:25 PM
That is disgusting. How they catch the evil ba***ds.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Horrific as this story is-the owner let her young Husky off lead in a wood & it ran out of sight-off lead in a secure area yes, but a wood OMG.

I do hope they catch the scum that attacked the dog & that the owner never puts her dog at risk again
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Whilst in no way condoning what was done to this dog, and it is so horrible that I am seriously concerned for public safety, what is a husky owner doing letting their dog off the lead?
NeedAdvice
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Poor dog Whoever did this is just pure evil !
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Makes my blood run cold. I hope the perpetrators are caught or who knows what they might do next.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Goodness that poor dog.

That is not very far from me.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 03:40 PM
I really hope these people are caught, it is good that forensic evidence is being looked at.

The poor dog. Apart from what happened to this poor creature, (hope to goodness he recovers mentally and physically somehow ... ) it is well documented that people who abuse animals in this way often go on to seriously abuse humans, the ultimate of course being serial killers most of whom have been animal abusers.

Sick to my stomach for the dog and his family

Wys
x
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 04:20 PM
That is very close to where I used to live.

Poor dog, I hope it isn't too scarred by the ordeal.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Absolutely disgusting!! hope they find the sick people that did this and i hope the poor dog recovers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top