register for free

Dog News

Rescued dogs need new homes

THE ISPCA HAS issued an urgent appeal to rehome 62 dogs rescued from a redundant breeding facility in Cork.

The dogs, ranging in breed from chihuahuas and poodles, were found by inspector Lisa O’Donovan who described many of them as “elderly and suffering from severely matted coats”.

Although the premises were no longer operating as a breeding establishment, the now-elderly owners had kept their breeding dogs and were struggling to cope with the sheer volume of animals.

“This was an unusual case” said Inspector O’Donovan.

“The elderly persons involved found themselves no longer in a position to adequately care for the large volume of animals. The decision was made that the animals needed to be removed to improve their quality of life and their living conditions.”
Story and photographs here...

http://www.thejournal.ie/rescued-dogs-1489089-May2014/

I do so hope that they find their forever homes.

Your comments and views:
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Jeez 62 puppy farm dogs, they've made enough out of them in their lifetime to pay for help if they could no longer cope but rescues pick up the pieces yet again.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2014, 06:59 AM
This is typical Ireland; feckless. See too much of this and collie has a similar history
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-05-2014, 07:09 AM
You know Rosebud - I hate seeing let alone posting these stories, but even though we Dogsey dog lovers know about the horrors of puppy farmers, being on Dogsey's Home Page might, hopefully, bring it to attention of those who do not know.

And might - perhaps - go some way to stop puppy farming.

I hope...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Please God so, Malka. here in Ireland this is still in its infancy, and that goes for most animal welfare..I have to turn away more now as I cannot bear what I see. Cannot do more than I am doing here.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

29-05-2014, 08:54 AM
The problem is some people see dogs as a legitimate form of income, then simply walk away without a backwards glance when the dogs are no longer productive or in this case they allegedly become too old to care for the dogs. It's a mystery to me how you'd care for 62 dogs whatever your age tbh.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Exactly so. I got my 2 current cats from an ISPCA branch of all places, where the woman running it was totally overwhelmed. Local folk said she never refused any animal. The cattery was a broken down old cottage that was filthy and cages stacked three high with no flooring. dead kittens and diarhhoea all over the floor. my two came equipped with feline enteritis.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2014, 10:56 AM
ps. needless to say as the woman had told me she was trying to get a grant to set up somewhere else, and as all the local welfare places knew what was going onbut a political situation had developed.... well, i called the ispca and when they kept putting me on hold i pressed the red alarm number...told them they needed to make an unscheduled inspection and that she needed that grant. she got it so left that terrible place. never knew it was my doing ...left that area.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top