register for free

Dog News

Police dog injured

A police dog is undergoing veterinary treatment after having a door slammed repeatedly on his head and neck. The incident occurred after the police dog unit was called to a street in Edgware, North London to search for lost property. Zinzan, a German Shepherd, and his handler were pursuing a 28-year-old man who had been hiding in bushes and was trying to evade the officers. Entering a house, the man turned and repeatedly slammed the door on the trapped dog's head.

The whimpering dog was eventually freed by officers who managed to create a gap in the doorway large enough for Zinzan to escape. Zinzan was taken to a vet; the extent of his injuries are unknown.

The man has been arrested on suspicion of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

Update: the man has been charged with causing unnecessary suffering under the Animal Welfare Act and was due to appear at Brent Magistrates' Court today.

Click here for further update: http://www.dogsey.com/dog-news.php?t=158120

Your comments and views:
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Poor Zinzan, I hope he is ok. He is one of the Met's dogs featured on Send in the Dogs series and is a lovely dog. I hope the thug who did this gets what he deserves!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Poor Zin, I hope they throw the book at that guy!! If anyone did that to my dog I would see red (Thanks for the update Lucky Star!)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I hope he makes a swift recovery.

I also hope the thug gets what he deserves.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I hope Zin will be ok with no lasting injuries.
I hope the man gets his just deserts
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-10-2011, 07:08 PM
How horrible, but typical of the thugs and morons who seem to abound in our cities these days. Like all of you I hope the judge passes an appropriate sentance on this low life but somehow I doubt that it will be.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I hope the moron who did this appalling act to to Zin is severely punished.
Felicity
New Member!
Female 

16-10-2011, 05:34 PM
That poor dog - if I had my way I would put that thug's head in a door and give him the same treatment. I really hope that Zinzan recovers. Does anyone know how he is getting on?

It makes me so angry when people hurt animals, who are so loyal and trusting and give us unconditional love.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Makes me so mad! I hope Zinzan can be made better, and that he is not too badly injured...

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top