register for free

Dog News

MP bitten by dog while canvassing

Conservative MP Therese Coffey has been left "sore" after a dog bit her while she was canvassing in Newark.

The MP for Suffolk Coastal was campaigning on Monday ahead of the Nottinghamshire town's by-election when a terrier bit her knuckle.

"I have a dog myself and I always know to bring treats with me, but for this one it just wasn't enough," she said.

The MP said she had since gone for a tetanus jab. It is not known what party the dog's owner supported.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-27344442

I wonder which party they do support...

Your comments and views:
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm not in the least bit curious about their political persuasion and doubt they'd change allegiance because their dog bit someone from their party of choice.

However the fact that she says she 'tried treats' first says that she was aware that there was a need to placate the dog. Stupid woman.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2014, 05:18 PM
I wonder how she stands with this. Is she trespassing, entering someone else's property uninvited?
There are one or two candidates that I would be happy to be seen off my land
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2014, 05:21 PM
She did not say she 'tried treats first' what she said was that she has a dog herself and always knows to take treats with her.

She also said she was met by three dogs as she entered a home-owner's gate and provided treats for them all, but one took exception and bit her.

There was nothing in the article about knowing that there was a need to placate the dog.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2014, 05:28 PM
You say how do I know she tried treats and then say she PROVIDED TREATS FOR THEM ALL!

What she said (from the quote) was

"I have a dog myself and I always know to bring treats with me, but for this one it just wasn't enough," she said.
To me that says she did try them. Or how would she know treats would not be ENOUGH? And what you said says she did TRY them.

I haven't read the article. Got no interest in doing so. I am commenting on what you posted and what made you WONDER.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2014, 06:12 PM
I thought that the idea of posting a link was for the rest of the article to be read, and my comment after the link was tongue-in-cheek, hence the ellipses.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Malka - perhaps your intelligent, ready wit is wasted on some. Your wondering certainly made me smile.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd have probably tried to bite a Tory candidate myself

Sorry, but if the lady was daft enough to enter a gate with three dogs running loose (not read full article, just going on comments) then it's hardly surprising she ran into problems.
y_not
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Some dogs just don't seem to care what something's taste like before wrapping their gnashers around them!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top