register for free

Dog News

Dogs couple lose Guildford court fight to get children back

A couple who once had 19 dogs and a home that was "indescribably filthy" and "utterly squalid" have lost a court battle to get their children back.

The children, aged 10 and five, were placed into foster care nearly three years ago after a judge ruled they had suffered serious, wide-ranging neglect.
The court heard the mother had been prosecuted by the RSPCA and banned from keeping dogs for four years.
Full story here...

http://tevel1.com:81/news/uk-england-surrey-27621345

When it comes to children or dogs, what is the answer?

Your comments and views:
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Well this could be viewed from several perspectives. If we're talking about hoarders who seriously have more critters than they can realistically care for. But then again in the states children's services can be draconian on what they consider "realistic". We have six cats and two dumb mutts. The critters are well fed and well exercised, the house isn't Martha Stewart but it's cozy.
But someone could look at our family and say too much livestock...don't count the two tennis balls disguised as pet rats...It has to be a case by case thing. Poop on the floor and underfed animals is negligence. Poop on the floor and underfed human children is negligence...
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2014, 08:33 AM
I actually know this couple and I can only say they really shouldn't have children or animals. I won't say any more as they are not here to defend themselves but believe me the court is doing the right thing in this particular case IMO.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-05-2014, 08:57 AM
I suppose we never think its right do we the cases of children that have been left in place and died of neglect we say the Social Services never do their job well enough when they seem to do their job we doubt their decision.
I can only hope they did the right thing sounds like they did and with Julie's statement also convinces me more they did the right thing.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Does it matter that they've cleaned up the house, they only did so because they were forced to. I'm guessing it was pretty foul to be described as "utterly squalid and indescribably filthy" why should the kids have to suffer that. It's a form of abuse and neglect. I hope the kids end up somewhere decent and can put all this behind them.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top