register for free

Dog News

Pub offers food and beer for dogs

A dog-friendly pub in Newcastle has developed a dog food menu, which includes a specially designed beer for dogs to drink. The Brandling Villa in South Gosforth has introduced a non-alcoholic beer made from malt and hops but with an added meat extract ingredient.

Manager Dave Carr admitted he had tasted it before offering it to his dog, Franco the beagle. He said it was revolting and tasted of beef but although Franco doesn't like it, Mr Carr said it has proved very popular with other dogs.

Mr Carr worked with fellow dog owner, chef Sammy Dee, to create a dog food menu based on traditional English dishes. As well as a Sunday roast covered in “cat-flavoured” gravy (beef stock with fish sauce), they offer a 'Chicken a la Franc' dish and 'Eggs Ladybird', the latter taking its name from Sammy's Chihuahua Jack Russel cross, Ladybird. There is a dessert menu available, together with dog chews.

Mr Carr was reported to say: “Dog friendly is really the way it should be. Pubs should have wooden floors and dogs in front of the fire.”

Your comments and views:
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
i love this if only more places were dog friendly. my local lets the dogs in, and they are often get fed treats of leftovers from the kitchen
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Sounds brill! If I lived local I'd definitely go visit
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Sounds fab. All I need now is a pub friendly dog. LOL
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I wonder if they do a RAW menu, like diced heart or something? Then I would be more interested! ^.^
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Lord............. The Brandling Villa! brings Back many memories of the late 60's and 70's spent many an hour in there after dog training
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Fantastic! Wish there were more places like that, round here dogs are banned from everywhere.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-01-2012, 06:36 PM
brilliant, feel like a day trip to newcastle
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2012, 08:03 PM
good idea but do they cater for intolerances

Maybe if they served plain old chicken and rice I'd go for a visit...but then they are a bit far away

Liking the pubs should have wooden floors and fireplaces....and dogs, bit though

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top