register for free

Dog News

Puppy trapped in reclining chair freed by firemen

A puppy whose head became trapped in the mechanism of a reclining settee at his home in Meldreth, Herts, was unhurt after being freed by firemen from Royston.

Barney, a 21-week-old bichon frise, was sitting between owners Jenny and Dave Bone. He was held on his lead by Jenny Bone because “he is mischievous”. The owners both fell asleep and when Jenny Bone woke up, Barney had disappeared. When she moved, Mrs Bone heard a scream and the couple discovered Barney with his head stuck between the reclining mechanism. Dave Bone had to hold the pup's head so that Jenny could get out of the chair without hurting him. Realising that they couldn't get him out, they called the fire brigade, who managed to free Barney by using a hacksaw to saw through the metal frame.

Mrs Bone said that had she sat up more quickly on awakening, she believed she would have decapitated Barney. The couple said they hope that this incident will draw attention to the dangers of reclining chairs.

Your comments and views:
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh that's horrible-poor dog! At least he got out safely. I wonder if they'll change their sofa now?
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I nam guessing after the pup being cut out they will have to change the sofa
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2012, 10:12 PM
My bichon also wedged itself in the mechanism of my reclining sofa. Fortunately I freed her without the embarrassment of calling the firebrigade. Both of my dogs now know to avoid the darn thing!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top