register for free

Dog News

Leeds man admits owning dangerous dog

A man has pleaded guilty to owning a dangerous dog that fatally attacked a pregnant woman in her own home.

Lee Horner, 33, admitted owning the dog, called Dollar, that attacked his 27-year-old girlfriend Emma Bennett.

Ms Bennett, who was pregnant with her fifth child, died in hospital after the attack in Leeds on 9 December.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-26868547

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-04-2014, 04:56 PM
They make it sound like he knew the dog was dangerous - does the dog have a history of attacks or aggressive behaviour? If not, shame on the BBC for reporting it in such a manner.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2014, 05:14 PM
I believe they were APBT's so yeah he knew they were classed as dangerous whether you agree with it or not.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 05:20 PM
He is going to 'be given credit' for telling the truth? I thought everyone was SWORN to tell the truth in a court of law.

Funny old world 'innit?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-04-2014, 05:24 PM
@Trouble - ah right, I didn't know they were Pit Bulls. In which case I suppose the article is ok (even if I don't agree with the Dangerous Dogs Act myself).
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2014, 05:28 PM
You generally get credit (shorter sentence) for pleading guilty, as it saves time and money.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top