register for free

Dog News

Lancaster bull mastiff attack leads to first dog law charge

A dog attack on a woman has led to the first person in Lancashire being charged under the newly amended Dangerous Dogs Act.

The 54-year-old victim suffered a broken arm and severe cuts in the attack by a bull mastiff on Granville Road, Lancaster on Tuesday.

Gary Deegan, 49, of Granville Road, has been charged with allowing a dog to cause injury in a private place.

Amendments to the act, allowing tougher penalties, came into effect on Tuesday.
Read more...http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-27412998

Once more a dog will have to pay the ultimate penalty.

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Think this would have been covered by the old law anyway. It's an ill-thought out piece of legislation and I can see it is going to cause problems for responsible dog owners.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2014, 10:05 AM
I think it would too AZZ.

The first person to 'pay' for a dog being out of control was the PERSON IT ATTACKED. And it could well have been the case that they had paid the 'ultimate' penalty if the dog had killed them.

Yes the dog will ultimately pay the price but they are prosecuting the dog owner.

I get angry with owners who do not or cannot CONTROL THEIR DOGS. But I have more sympathy for totally innocent people or children (or even smaller animals) who are savaged and or killed by the out of control dogs than I do for the dogs. I have NO sympathy for the dog owners.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Malka
Yep, dogs having to pay with their lives because of stupid owners and breeders.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top