register for free

Dog News

Pitbull shot 38 times survives

A one-year-old pitbull has survived after being shot 38 times with a pellet gun. Daphne was found in a parking lot in Berkeley, California, USA. Examination by X-ray revealed the 38 pellets embedded in the her flank and chest. The injured dog had also reportedly had her ears partially cut off.

Daphne has had eight bullets removed at a cost of $500 but Berkeley Animal Care Services says it will cost thousands for the operations necessary to remove the rest and admits it doesn't have the funds.

Two pitbulls were found at the Marina some months ago, both with their ears partially cut off and one with pellet wounds below her eye. Reported to be Daphne's litter sisters they were both rehomed. Describing Daphne as “incredibly nervous around people” because of what she's been through, the shelter says that they are trying to find a family to adopt her.

Your comments and views:
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Those poor dogs.

I am pleased it has had a happier ending than it could of turned out.

I just don't get what is wrong with some people.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Absolutely disgusting! I don't understand how anyone could hurt an innocent animal. Let's hope she finds a 5 star home.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top