register for free

Dog News

Dog dials 999 to save his own life

In the news this week is a basset hound who telephoned 999 after getting a telephone cord tangled around his neck. The incident took place at his home in West Yorkshire on Saturday night.

Police responding to the emergency call received no reply at the house, but when a neighbour let them in with his spare key, two-year-old George was discovered on the floor, strangling on the wire.

“He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself,” said neighbour Paul Walker. “I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out. Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 – he literally saved his own life.” The phone was apparently a rotary type.

Mr Walker went onto describe how the police operator could only hear heavy breathing and gasping during the call, resulting in the police being sent out.

George lives with Steve Brown and his daughter Lydia. Describing him as “not usually very smart”, Lydia said 999 was probably dialled accidentally, adding: “He's really dopey and just likes to chew socks.”

Your comments and views:
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Dopey or not............fate in the shape of an angel was by his side xxxx
Glad he was saved
Mala
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-03-2012, 04:02 PM
That final line is a cracker! The angels are busy taking care of fools, drunks and dopey dogs
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 07:24 PM
“He's really dopey and just likes to chew socks.”

Love it!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top