register for free

Dog News

The U.S. military is failing its canine veterans.

The U.S. military is failing its canine veterans. Inside one Marine’s fight to save her dog.
More here: https://www.yahoo.com/politics/the-u...867436181.html

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2015, 05:33 PM
It's as the article says, it's not reasonable for them to fork over tens of thousands of dollars to treat all the aging military dogs. Unfortunately, that just isn't feasible. The dogs just aren't worth that much in hindsight. Dogs get old, dogs get sick, government or not... these things happen. I wonder who truly believes that the government should pay this kind of money. The dogs aren't being failed by them, it simply makes absolutely no sense for them to pay for veterinary care for ALL the retired dogs. It's just not a good use of tens of thousands of dollars. The bigger picture sometimes needs to be looked at...
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2015, 05:41 PM
I have just read through this in it's entirety, this girl's fight to care for her canine companion is truly heartrending. Shame on the US Govt, for their lack of compassion, penny pinching ways and callous indifference displayed towards a creature that had served them so well and so long!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2015, 07:41 PM
The U.S. doesn't pinch pennies, they just don't always spend the money in the right places. I could tear into other countries and what I think of their government, but this isn't the place to do that. I guess there are some people who think it makes sense to spend tens of thousands of dollars on these dogs. Oh, well! As upsetting as it is, that just isn't a good way to spend all that money, the U.S. wastes tons of money as it is.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Perhaps if they fired just one less missile at innocent civilians in foreign parts, then the money saved could pay for any amount of dog-care for retired canine operatives.
Just for the record I am not anti-american, just dog orientated where the compassion department is concerned.
My father was born in Rumford, Maine, so I have considerable fondness for the other side of the Atlantic in general.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2015, 07:18 PM
That kind of p*ssing contest about "firing missiles" etc is what I didn't want to get into. I am not the kind of person that will justify spending all that money on old dogs, regardless of where money is wasted in other places. A waste of money is a waste of money, and I think that spending tens of thousands of dollars on old, retired dogs is a waste of money. That is where we differ.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top