register for free

Dog News

With apologies to cat owners...

...I will not give this the article title!

A group of 600 university students took part in a survey which revealed a person's personality matches what type of pet they choose to have.

he fur is sure to fly after a study found that 'cat people' are more intelligent than their doggy counterparts.

A recent survey of 600 university students in America revealed that there are distinct differences between those who prefer the company of felines over canines.

Participants who described themselves as 'cat people' edged out the 'dog people' when it came to brains and were also found to follow the rules more.
Full article, photographs, a video and a pie chart here...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...nt-cat-3648433

I mean how dare they say that dog lovers are less intelligent?

Your comments and views:
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 02:36 PM
well we are! i have both and I find the cats more intelligent than the dogs; you need a deeper more subtle kind of intelligence to outwit the felines.
Intelligence does not matter after all; it is what you do with what you have that counts so why feel insulted! I have a MENSA IQ but that does not make me in any way a better person. Unless I use it for good.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Cats are far more intelligent than dogs IMO, as well. They easily figure out things dogs never are able to, and they are able to outsmart you in ways you thought impossible.

I have both cats and dogs (always have and always will) but I don't think my personal intelligence has anything to do with my liking of both species.

As far as IQ goes... a high IQ does not equal an intelligent person. It equals a person with a high IQ. Take that how you want.

Common sense, use of good judgment and decision making, being a good judge of character, social skills etc. etc. Many things that make a person truly intelligent are not associated with a high IQ.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Total rubbish
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2014, 06:13 PM
You said it Nippy, I did not!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 06:39 PM
well , only non intelligent folk dismiss something out of hand like that. i bred siamese for many years and they are smarter than any pooch.

takes knowing both intimately to be able to judge; i was told how intelligent dogs are before i had them and was sooooo disappointed.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 06:46 PM
It's not talking about the intelligence of cats or dogs...it's the owners in question isn't it?Cat people are more intelligent than dog people!Not some of the cat lovers I know,that's for sure!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 06:51 PM
hope you dont mean me! i know many pretty thick dog owners too
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Of course not Rose!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Does that mean I was intelligent when my Diesel cat was alive and I'm not now then?? lol lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top