register for free

Dog News

Frisbee catching dropped from Keswick Scruffs dog show over safety fears

Frisbee catching has been dropped from a Cumbrian dog show after health and safety advice suggested canine competitors could get hurt.

The forthcoming Scruffs dog show in Keswick had included a prize for the highest frisbee jump as well as for the highest biscuit catch.

But amid fears dogs could injure themselves, organisers opted to scrap the category from its 22 June event.
Article and photograph here...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-27885240

Is this a good thing?

Your comments and views:
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-06-2014, 01:50 PM
I stopped frisbee throwing years ago because of the determined way Diesel tried to catch it. He would twist and turn in mid air and I thought it was only a matter of time before he did himself or one of the others a mischief. I'd say it depends on the dog, none of the others were half as mad.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2014, 02:19 PM
I remember years ago being in the park with a friend when his dog jumped to catch a stick, the dog landed on damp grass at an awkward angle and snapped his back leg. It was awful, the poor dog was in such pain while we tried to keep him calm until my friend could get the car and we took him to the vet. Since then any kind of dog jumping at height to catch things will literally make me cringe...

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top