register for free

Dog News

Epileptic dog Ziggy dumped after 'suffering seizure'

A stolen dog with epilepsy was dumped in woods 85 miles (136km) from his home after he suffered a seizure, it is thought.

Anglo wolf-dog Ziggy, who requires daily medication for the condition, was taken from his home in Fulham, London, on Monday night.

He was seen wandering alone in Wrabness Woods, near Harwich, Essex, on Tuesday.

Tendring District Council said it believed Ziggy had been released after having an attack.

An inspection of Ziggy's microchip revealed he had been reported stolen and details of his illness.

Dog warden Adam McGoldrick said Ziggy could have died without medication he needs to prevent seizures.

"I have spoken to Ziggy's owner who is extremely relieved that he has been found safe and well, despite his ordeal," he said.

"Cases such as this show how important it is to get your pet microchipped, and then to keep the information on that microchip up to date."

Ziggy was re-united with his owner on Wednesday.
More here..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-31961646

Your comments and views:
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Thank goodness Ziggy is back home safe.Really cruel dumping him in the woods like that.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-03-2015, 10:34 PM
I used to worry about something like this happening to Rocky all the time hope they catch them!!
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-04-2015, 05:32 AM
my friend had epilepsy. he talked to me about how horrible it was. he wanted to die rather than suffer the attacks.
got surgery. big difference. much happier.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top