register for free

Dog News

British Airways to screen in-flight footage of cats and dogs

Adored by many of us as nature's furry friends, it was perhaps only a matter of time before an airline introduced an in-flight entertainment dedicated to cats and dogs.

British Airways has done just that with its new channel, Paws and Relax, dedicated to showing cute footage of cats, kittens, dogs and puppies.

To be launched in September, the carrier is hopeful the channel will not only be a hit with families, but will also benefit travellers' overall wellbeing and relaxation.
...[snip]...
Paws & Relax features a number of popular programmes, such as current internet sensation Simon's Cat - a series of animated funny stories about a man and his cat.
...[snip]...
British Airways has also teamed up with experts at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home for insight into the benefits of per ownership.

The airline featured some of its pets looking for rehousing to launch the channel, including: Alfie the Pug, Sky the Siberian Husky, Angelica the Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross, and kittens Karma, Knight and Karis.

Laura Lamber, responsible for Rehoming & Welfare at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, said: 'We know that people love watching dogs and cats. They can make you laugh, smile, and cry.'
...[snip]...
According to a recent OnePoll survey of 2,000 people, one in 50 travellers would prefer to be greeted by their pet at the airport, rather than a family member.
Full article and some cute photographs here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...d-flights.html

Good idea or not?

Your comments and views:
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2014, 10:26 AM
One in 50 is that all? There's nobody I'd rather see at an airport!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2014, 10:47 AM
i try to avoid airports so i dont have to miss my boy!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top