register for free

Dog News

Woman dies following dog attack

Very sad. Not sure what type of dog was involved..

A 23-year-old man has been charged with two offences under the Dangerous Dogs Act after a woman died.

Police officers were called to a property on Crossways Road, in the Ely area of Cardiff on Friday.

A 64-year-old woman sustained serious injuries after an incident involving a dog and died later at the University Hospital of Wales in the city.

Superintendent Andy Valentine of South Wales Police described it as a "tragic incident".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-32008793

Your comments and views:
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2015, 11:15 AM
And I suppose the dog will be PTS so sad for everyone. I am more and more thinking that such dogs must have been trained to attack humans. I don't think it's a 'natural' thing for a dog to do.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Thats so sad. Poor woman and the dog loses its life too.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm surprised the article didn't say what kind of dog. I bet it was something like a Border Collie or another breed that "rarely" deals damage. They always add the breed if it was a Staffordshire or something. In any case, poor lady
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2015, 02:36 PM
The dog is stated to be an American Bulldog and, to be honest, if it has attacked so badly, then it quite rightly should be PTS.

Poor, poor lady. May she rest in peace
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Of course it should be euthanized. Any dog that takes it up in himself to deal this type of damage is dangerous and nobody can say he doesn't deserve to be put down. I feel for the lady's family.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Ah, so he was a family member and it seems to insinuate that the dog was a family dog, as if she knew the dog. I wonder what set the dog off? Must be horrible for her family, nobody should die like this.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Sigh, okay I suppose they have the put that poor pup down, but I would give the same sentence to his "owner". Just being an American Bull doesn't make a dog human aggressive, some human was responsible for that.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top