register for free

Dog News

Battersea's dogs listen to classic FM

Battersea Dogs Home have teamed up with Classic FM and MORE TH>N Insurance to raise money to buy new radios, so that the dogs can listen to classical music, which will hopefully soothe them during the loud bangs and distress of the fireworks season. The planned fundraising ideas include a Collar & Coats fundraising gala ball on 11 November. John Suchet of Classic FM is one celebrity supporting the work and recently visited Battersea to meet some of his fans.

The charity has a 'kennel enrichment plan', utilising sounds, smells and tastes to help dogs cope with kennel life. The new radios are part of this plan and will play calming classical music day and night. In order to ensure the dogs are distracted throughout the firework season and afterwards, the charity needs lots of long-lasting chews, toys and games.

To support Battersea’s Bonfire Night Appeal please call: 0870 890 0000.

If I had the money I'd be buying some chews for those doggies. Battersea do so much to make a difference for these dogs lives

Your comments and views:
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 07:38 PM
What a nice idea. I hope all the dogs have a peaceful night.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Classic FM is what I always have on the radio for Merlin whenever I need it!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I always have radio 2 on for my dogs since I had a customer who had a pig farm and he used to have Radio 2 on in the barn. He said it kept them calmer.
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I use the classic FM for my dogs too! It seem to relax them.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 10:49 PM
I put Radio 4 on for Gelert when I go out

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top