register for free

Dog News

Call for ban on electric shock collars

...has received 236 comments (page 23)
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Gnasher, I will reserve my thoughts on why your thread was not approved. It's only an email address, not like you're forking over your credit card info or the number of hairs in your left eyebrow. You'd think no (bloomers, underpants, drawers) would get bunched, but I suppose they did!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 09:34 AM
O absolutely it is. I still have to pinch myself when putting powder in his ear without losing digits!! How can anyone know of the blood, sweat and tears that have led up to that moment. Ben was a wild animal effectively when we got him, so mistrustful. So unpredictable.

Do you know the best thing of all? OH has just left the house to go to the doctor ... Normally Ben would be tearing at the door and howling ... He is lying on the bed gazing out of the window calmly waiting.

wOW!!! I think at last I am true alpha female!!

(GNAshER puts on tin hat waiting for the flak!!)
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 09:36 AM
LOL !!! lOVE it!!!!

Sometimes you guys across the big pond really do handle our language well !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Tin hat? Girl you best get a titanium helmet covered in stainless steel! Don't forget your neck brace and pain medication! Run along now *waves*
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Yup!! I think you're right! 2 words guaranteed to get the bitch pack a-scrapping ... Alpha and e-collar!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Hey Musher!

Just because I loves ya Baby (are you old enough to remember Kojak??!) I have subscribed to Dogsey, so I should be able to send you a private message presumably once it has been processed etc. etc.

I will include my email address so that you can email me ... anyone else who would like it, please just ask me and I will PM it to you.

Thanks Myra for your advice on this one!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 07:44 PM
O GOD!!!! I don't BELIEVE IT!!!

I have sent a private message to Musher with my email address, only to be told that Musher cannot receive private messages!!

This stinks ... does this mean that Musher has to pay £5 as well?

Come on now Azz, this is ridiculous ... would you be able to pass my email onto Musher for me?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 07:47 PM
I've PM'ed Azz!! Thrown myself on his mercy in the hopes that he is kind enough to pass my email addy on to Musher!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2015, 10:22 PM
He has to subscribe, as well. Black and blue, eh? I've got your back. £5 is about $8.50 but still a small price to pay, but at least you can pm now. I would say to pm me, but hell... what do we need to pm for?
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-01-2015, 07:23 AM
to mjfromga
I do so appreciatte your positve regard. Thank so very much. I ask blessings upon you. I also appreciatte your history lesson. Of course you know I know it's true.
That said I feel a strong need to say 'I aint one of "Our natives"...'. I hope you know I am jokingly pointing that out. I am far being over sensitive anymore so please just giiggle, I am. actually hoping you don't get offended or hurt by my sometimes "inappropriatte" humor.

to Gnasher
Cree is of French origins makng refernc to "one with Creation" or so I've been told. There are many different Cree dialects. Y, N, Th, L, and R. Some of the different "groups" are Swampy, Plains, Woodlands, Rocky, Highrock and Big Rock.
My grandmother's family-kitchi waskahikan"great house" refers to a place non-native call York Factory area. My grandfather from nipiwin sipi "Death River" where Chief Peguis ?emigrated? to from Sioux Lookout refers to a place near what non-native call Selkirk. a place where a great many of the original inhabitants, Cree, were dead and/oy dieing from Infested Blanket Disease. Also, you were'nt getting "too personal". Its as I said "soul vampires" are everywhere. I recognize them and I need to protect myself. Please know that I am by far NOT referring to you.

to both of you
I can appreciate at a deep level how you feel about your canine companions...
...except mine don't live in my home. I think it is a horrible injustice to acclimate them to a false environment then hook-em-up to a sled and have them haul wood or hunt or just play in a harsh and unforgiving different, albeit natural, environent. Only when they are very old or sick do they come in. Even pups born in winter, which does happen sometimes, are born and raised outdoors. Acclimation, acclimation, acclimation... it saves lives in my world.
The "light in" their "eyes" and "grinning and very pleased with" themselves attitude tells me I am honoring them.
That's all I need. Also, I know I depend upon my K9's more than they depend on me.

Food for thought foot note
I comprehend "what's good for the goose is not neccessarily always good for the gander" and "when my eyes and ears are not open I am depriving myself".
Cheers all
Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top