register for free

Dog News

The state of the dog world..

...has received 11 comments (page 2)
susie fischer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Earlier this week I took my friend to three local rescue centres as she is looking for another dog and I have convinced her to take a rescue. All three locations were full and in two of the rescues all they had in were staffies or bull breeds, the third rescue had a lot os staffy and staffy x but also other breeds and my friend has chosen a whippet x. She has passed her home check and got her new girlie on Satureday. We were both saddened at the amount of bull x's and one kennel told us they were unable to accept anymore bull breeds as they were unable to rehome the ones they already had. They've had one oldish looking male in for almost 3 years and I have to say I am almost convinced that he would be better off PTS than spending the rest of his life in a kennel.All these rescues do a brilliant job but they cannot give a dog the amount of time, interaction, exercise and love that should be a dog's right to have, After all they are only here because we bred them. It was a very thought provoking day.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 09:15 PM
/Promoted to Homepage/
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top