register for free

Dog News

From being abandoned to a new police recruit!

AN abandoned Staffordshire bull terrier is getting ready for a new kind of collar after being signed up as a police sniffer dog.
PC Claire Todd, of Gloucestershire Police, who became her handler in January, said: “I had never owned a Staffordshire bull terrier before but when I recruited Stella her drive was phenomenal. I was so impressed with her.”

Staffies have long been associated with hoodies and hooligans and have been blamed for many attacks on people.

Claire added: “It’s really positive that even though bull terriers have a reputation for being fighting dogs, they’re actually not all the same.
Read more...http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...e-bull-terrier

How nice to see a Staffie get a good report after so much bad press.

Your comments and views:
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Aw that's lovely! Of course, we always knew that they're excellent dogs

I've started doing nosework with Ella and she loves it! She's very driven and has shown potential with tracking and I'll start doing scent discrimination with her soon!
I think staffies are excellent for this kind of job, well done to the police for choosing a staffie and giving her a new life!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top