register for free

Dog News

Fifteen puppies for Dalmation, Pebbles

A two-and-a-half-year old Dalmatian in Wales has had a litter of 15 puppies – double the average number.

The mother, Pebbles, was so exhausted trying to look after all her puppies that the owners had to help out for two days. Kay Sullivan of Carmarthenshire described the non-stop feeding regime. “By the time you finish feeding the last pup, it's time to start feeding the first one again,” she said.

Mrs Sullivan said that the family were only expecting a litter of around seven puppies and although the actual number came as a shock, it was a “lovely one”, although the pups were costing “an arm and a leg”. She explained that the Sullivans are not breeders and although they would keep at least one puppy, they need to find homes for the rest.

The puppies have attracted interest - a home has been found for one pup in Italy, with reports suggesting it was via a friend from a social networking site. One puppy named Patch by Mrs Sullivan's three-year-old daughter, Cerys, was to be kept as a Christmas present for the little girl.

A video can be watched here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16278049

Your comments and views:
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I saw this on the news the other day and they certainly have the awwww factor.

Nice they are keeping one and the one their little girl chose.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Hmmm.... They bred a litter so therefore they ARE breeders!
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2011, 11:03 PM
agree anyone who has a litter IS A BREEDER!!!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 11:01 AM
If not breeders then what are they? To breed at Christmas too! They managwed to teach their little girl that a dog is OK as a Christmas present. I hope she grows up with more sense than her family.

I'd be interested in how they vetted the home they have for the one pup. Found from a social networking site? I'd be deeply suspicious.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2012, 11:10 AM
& 13 puppies @ at least £700 a pup is £9100 nice little Xmas present for these "non breeder"breeders

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top