register for free

Dog News

Dog rushed to vets after eating whole tin of chocs had FIVE doggy toys in tummy

Wolfing down an entire box of chocolates is enough to make anyone feel a little full.
But for Booster the dog, who was rushed to the vet after eating a tin of Quality Street with the wrappers still on, the binge was just the start of his discomfort.
For once taking a peek at the Alaskan Malamute's stomach, vets were shocked to discover the animal had also eaten five rubber toys.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3PGQIIXlw

Your comments and views:
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Just shows how little actual chocolate there is in QS, they are mostly sugar..
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2015, 11:13 AM
I love Quality Street and can't see there being a time when there's any left over for anyone to steal!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 02:39 PM
I think the 5 toys were more to blame for the tummy ache.
Made me laugh that he stole them from other dogs
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 06:31 PM
OMG!! I am in love, what an absolutely gorgeous Mal. I am a sucker for them, and would love to own one one day. Hal was an absolute devil for swallowing dangerous objects - his favourites were socks, knickers, tampax and sanitary towels!! Tai, a Utonagan, had a penchant for toys and swallowed a zebra which took 3 or 4 weeks to be vomited up all over our holiday cottage, with accompanying diarrhoea!! The one bit of the carpet that I had not protected with towels was where Tai chose to deposit most of the mucousy diarrhoea!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Yikes, what a silly/stupid dog. Why is he eating toys over and over again? My Nigredo ate an incense stick when he was a puppy. BAD idea. After a horrible, crampy, very painful, shivery, heavily panty tummy ache, vomiting, and explosive diarrhea, he never did it again. But then again he's a very smart Lab mixed dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 09:01 PM
God knows why they do it! Hal did it, Tai did it, Ben doesn't. He must have more sense! The zebra that Tai swallowed whole was quite large, about the size of a Beanie Baby, stupid, stupid dog.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2015, 10:25 PM
You've always said Ben was smart and learned very quickly. I suppose he does have more sense. My Nigredo is all kinds of smarty pants, he learned his lesson young and quick. This seems like such a stupid thing for a dog to do. My Jadey is a bit "densey" and even she doesn't do silly things like swallowing rubber balls whole.

Kitty took a tumble in the dryer once by accident. She thought it was a good idea to sleep in there, she blindly got a load of clothes tossed on her, dryer turned on, minute or so later, heard a strange thumping noise and went to open the dryer to check it out and ZOOM, out comes a frazzled, terrified 6 month old kitten. She has not gotten near it in seven years.

In other news, this dog does have that goofy look to his face, but seeing it and the fluff and him rolling on the floor, he does look a joy to be around. This breed is rare here in my hot state and I've met only one. Over 100 lbs. Beautiful, gentle personality. Smart and well trained, too. They are on the bite list in America, but I've never met a mean one.
sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2015, 01:56 PM
For further amusement see results from the "They Ate What?" contest . . . featuring X-rays from vet practices.

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.co...ntest-Winners/

I was most impressed by 3rd place this year . . . a greyhound who age 43 1/2 socks! The skewer, needles, etc. give me the shivers. If you click links you will also find winners from past years, some amusing in a weird way, others creepy.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Thank goodness my last four dogs, although they all went through the "chewy" stage as puppies, had more sense to swallow anything. None of them have ever been destructive to my belongings either and reading what some owners have to put with, I consider myself to be very lucky!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top