register for free

Dog News

Sad hound waiting for return of his brother

Harry the heartbroken hound has been pining for seven months at the gate outside his home after the disappearance of his brother.

Beloved beagle Hansum went mysteriously missing in May this year and devastated owner Julie Evans has since gained a 10,000 plus army of followers on a social media site who are determined to find the missing two-year-old.

The pair of pooches were said to be "totally devoted" to each other and Harry now waits patiently at Ms Evans' gate, hoping his brother and playpal will come home.

Ms Evans, from Neath Port Talbot in Wales, said: "We were out walking in Briton Ferry near the mountain, Harry, Hansum and me, in May this year. I let the dogs off the lead. Harry came back but Hansum did not.

"I knew something was wrong because Harry and Hansum were brothers from the same litter, totally devoted to each other.

"I looked everywhere but there was no sign of Hansum. Harry now pines, for him, waiting by the gate to see if he’ll come back. But day after day he doesn't."

The Find Hansum site has been shared thousands of times and Ms Evans, 43, gets hundreds of supportive messages each week from people across Wales and all over the world.

The dog lover was hoping that Hansum would be back home in time for Christmas, but sadly it didn't happen.

Instead, on Christmas Day, Ms Evans posted this message to her missing pet: "Happy Xmas my Hansum boy sadly my only xmas wish didn't come true. I pray wherever you are they are treating you well...love you my baby. I'm sorry."

The social media site page Ms Evans set up has become so popular, that now other people are placing messages about their lost dogs on it.

She told Wales Online: "We've even managed through the Find Hansum site to get some dogs found. But I'd love if it somebody who hears about Hansum could let me know where he is.

"In my heart I believe he's alive and I just hope he’s being treated well. It’s possible he’s been stolen or maybe taken in by someone who doesn't know he's being missed.”

Ms Evans, whose 20-year-old daughter Tammy also misses Hansum, is offering a financial reward for information leading to the return of Hansum - a reward which has been doubled with help from social media site friends.

She said: "I have had to put up with a few hoaxes which has been unfortunate but most people have been really positive in wanting to help find Hansum."
Article, photographs and video here...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...months-4880326

I hope that Hansum is well and is soon reunited with his brother.

Your comments and views:
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2014, 01:40 PM
No one could have tried harder than Julie Evans to find their dog. Let us hope that this additional Mirror publicity will jog somebody's memory - or their conscience, and Hansum will find his way back to his Mum and Harry very soon.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top