register for free

Dog News

Your dog is not a human being. Stop treating her like one.

Roland, a professional animal trainer, is co-owner of Talented Animals a company with facilities in California, Oregon, and Canada that provides training and support for a wide variety of animals appearing in film and on television. On any given day, Roland might be bonding with a lemur, riding herd on a gaggle of geese... or romping with an entire pack of dogs, including quite a few of his own.

Roland and his partner Lauren Henry adore their dogs and expend a great deal of time, energy, and money caring for them.

What don't these canine experts do?

Treat their dogs like humans. They don't dress them in adorable outfits every day; they don't give them ice cream for dessert on a regular basis, either. They certainly don't expect their pooches to be entertained by the television when they're left alone at home all day.

"Seeing your dog as a 'little-furry-human' isn't necessarily wrong," says Roland, who is a proponent of positive relationships between people and their pets. "But it is a failure to accurately see them as what they are... what they want, and what they need."
More here..
http://theweek.com/articles/536712/d...-treating-like

Your comments and views:
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2015, 02:53 PM
I would not insult my dogs by thinking they were human beings
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2015, 04:19 PM
That article is so very true in so many ways
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2015, 04:24 PM
My pet hate is people like that brainless idiot Paris Hilton who abuses her chihuahuas dressing them up in designer clothes. The empty headed bimbo could so much good with her millions rather than abuse her dogs.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top