register for free

Dog News

Could a kiss from your dog be GOOD for you?

...has received 14 comments (page 2)
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi Musher! I love your comment! I jokingly say to Ben sometimes when he is getting a bit tonguey "Ben, I just know you have been licking your **** or worse, so please don't!!"
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2015, 04:25 AM
If my dog or cat licks me on the mouth, high compliment or maybe the Chinese food I had for lunch...even someone else's dog licking my face, I take it as affection and trust. Funny I'm great with human hugs, but air kisses or cheek kisses? Uh no...unless you're married to me or an offspring...but critters it's fine.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2015, 05:53 PM
I quite like my own space around adult friends and family but I'm happy and comfortable around children and animals and love their hugs and kisses.
I loved Cookie's kisses, especially the ones where I would kneel down to greet him and he would land his front paws on my shoulders and knock me to the ground and stand on me licking me like crazy. He only ever did this with me and my OH, everyone else got lots of licks but never with so much enthusiasm and force.
I also have ferrets and take great pride that my 2 males love me enough to give me kisses, my female 'kisses' with her teeth...
I do agree though that the animal needs to be healthy and I wouldn't want a strange dog licking around my mouth. My hands, cheek etc is fine, but unless I know I'm not going to catch something then no.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2015, 01:56 AM
Something that will give the rodent phobics chills...a tamed rat will lick you, especially ear lobes...they love snuzzling your ears.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2015, 06:51 AM
One of the happiest days of my life was the first time Georgina, my Shar-Pei came up to me and licked my hand and face. I could have cried with joy, because she'd had so many operations on her eyes and visits to the vets, she had every reason not to trust me. That simple gesture on her part let me know that despite all she'd been through she loved me!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top