register for free

Dog News

Do not walk your dog here!

...has received 117 comments (page 11)
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Trouble - I was "advised" that I had no right to have posted this in the first place, because I do not live in England.

Oh, and because of my religion..

However, one apologise was apparently not enough.

Mei Culpa
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

01-06-2014, 05:57 PM
I never saw that and of course you have the right to post, where you live is irrelevant, you are a member of Dogsey and given the task of posting news items by Azz.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi Malka, I haven't read all the comments but you don't have to justify posting any news item that is covered in the media.

If there's a news story about dogs out there doing the rounds then absolutely it's something that we want to know about... we are dog lovers after all, and people will often look to a leading dog site like Dogsey to get an idea of what dog owners think on topics such as these.

Thank you for posting

Lets get back on topic now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Apache, I don't understand why your friend's wife hasn't learnt English, that is the problem I have. Arranged marriages aren't necessarily a bad thing, however it is usually to close family members which, genetically, can be a dreadful thing. If the oftimes reverse happens and an Asian girl born, brought up and educated in England, is shipped off at 15 to marry her close cousin in wherever, and she doesn't speak the language, would she not have to learn it, so why do these people who have been brought in to marry over here not learn the language
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
It is a criminal offence now to arrange a forced marriage involving a British Citizen
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Its still going on though, so is FGM, but its still going on
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Apache, I don't understand why your friend's wife hasn't learnt English, that is the problem I have. Arranged marriages aren't necessarily a bad thing, however it is usually to close family members which, genetically, can be a dreadful thing. If the oftimes reverse happens and an Asian girl born, brought up and educated in England, is shipped off at 15 to marry her close cousin in wherever, and she doesn't speak the language, would she not have to learn it, so why do these people who have been brought in to marry over here not learn the language

tawneywolf
Some it's because they don't work outside the home and don't want to speak to anyone outside their families. This isn't anti English just anti outside world. Many are brought here by strangers and married young and then kept in their homes not encouraged to join the society they have come to.

The second generation and third look at these women as rather silly but they love them so they carry on enabling them to stay away from everyone. It's cultural in many of the countries they come from they would never leave their homes either so we can't take it personally they don't leave them here either.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-06-2014, 07:15 PM
It is a criminal offence now to arrange a forced marriage involving a British Citizen
That does not stop it going on though, it would be naive of us to think because it's a criminal offence, it won't happen, same with female mutilation, it's a horrendous crime, but it goes on.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Murder etc still goes on doesn't stop us trying to prevent it happening, something like FGM or forced marriage needs to be stopped and we need to empower the women and men so they can report it and we can try to stop it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2014, 07:31 PM
FGM, Forced marriage, how off topic can we get?
Page 11 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top