register for free

Dog News

Dog who was stolen five years ago in Dorset is reunited with owner

A Staffordshire bull terrier stolen more than five years ago has turned up 500 miles away in Scotland.

Ellie disappeared in 2009 after her owner tied her up for two minutes outside a newsagent in Bere Regis, Dorset - and despite a lengthy search she was not seen again.

That was until last week, when the microchipped pet was finally reunited with her shocked 36-year-old owner Sharon Collins after being found wandering the streets of Kircaldy, Fife.

A dognapper is thought to have unclipped Ellie's lead in January 2009, sparking a search which included the missing pet directory Dog Lost.

To ms Collins' shock, a volunteer from the directory knocked on her door last week after the black staffie was taken in to Langdyke Boarding Kennels in Fife.

Staff who tried to contact the pub worker discovered her mobile number had expired - but fortunately the volunteer lived just round the corner from her Dorset home.
...[snip]...
A woman from the kennels drove her from Scotland to Peterborough and another woman drove her from Peterborough to Dorset.
Full article and photographs here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Scotland.html

What a wonderful happy ending for both Ellie and Ms Collins!

Your comments and views:
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2014, 07:00 PM
I just love a good news story!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2014, 07:07 PM
So do I - I wish there were more of them!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top