register for free

Dog News

Wolf-dog granted reprieve from euthanasia to be employed as a prison guard dog

...has received 13 comments (page 2)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Just had a quick search and some reports are calling him as of British Colombia wolf and GSD ancestry.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:49 PM
why am i getting images of one of these wolf hybrid dogs digging a huge hole and leading out the prisoners in a "great escape" style. - Dog digs hole, prisoners dive and make a run for it. - Cue the great escape music.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 12:09 PM
He looks an absolute sweetie ... but then I'm biased!
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2012, 11:58 PM
We had a wolfdog: mother was a Malamute-with-wolf (Timber, I expect), father was an Alsatian. He was about as aggressive as a daisy. Ferociously intelligent, astonishingly good at keeping track of the pack, which could consist of many, as we often walked with local dog-walkers and other dog people-- but aggressive? If people came over, he hid behind me. He actually broke up fights between other dogs (biggest in the park). He let puppies chew his ears. Once nastily attacked, he did not retaliate, since he could outrun and out-heavy the other dog, which is only sensible. The only thing he ever bit to death was an Ethernet cable.

I worry about them breeding these animals for aggression.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top