register for free

Dog News

First aqua park just for dogs opens in Spain

The resort - about 30 minutes from Barcelona - is a five-star hotel for pooches with a pool designed to be the right depth for dogs of all shapes and sizes.
The large aqua park also includes a water slide, as well as extra tough inflatables.

Manager Federico Cano said he had seen a resort that allowed dogs to swim alongside humans, and he decided to take it one stage further by making a resort that was only for dogs.

He said: 'I don't see why dogs should not be allowed to enjoy a swim when the weather gets hot just like people can - especially here in Spain where it gets really hot.

Read more here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...flatables.html

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Haha that's brill - I wanna go
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2014, 02:36 AM
I like it .What a great idea
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2014, 07:08 AM
Yes, very nice for those who like to think they are doing a wonderful thing for their pet, but I actually think the money would have been better spent on helping the thousands of stray street dogs in Spain instead of a fancy "aqua park".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/exp...-bad-name.html

http://www.spanishstraydogs.org.uk/
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2014, 08:04 AM
How do you know he doesn't put some of the money to that kind of use? If they also run dog training then they are into education and education in the long run is what will help keep dogs off the streets..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2014, 08:37 AM
I do not know whether he does or not. But I think it will take a lot of education in Spain, and in many other countries [including Israel] to even slightly ease the plight of the street dogs.

And my opinion is that such an "aqua park" is only for the wealthy who possibly do not even notice the starving street dogs.

My opinion only, and I could be wrong. I just wish I was.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
A journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step, every step that raises the profile of dogs in any country is a positive step, think how many more people will go there with dogs than haven't done so before, how many of those will then see or meet a stray that they can help.

You may be right Malka and just like you I hope you are not...

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top