register for free

Dog News

Two people rescued by police after barricading themselves in a bedroom...

...because they were scared of their dog Fluffy.

Two people had to be rescued by police and armed officers after barricading themselves in their bedroom because they got scared of their dog - called Fluffy.

The dog owners blocked themselves in the upstairs bedroom of their home in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, after becoming frightened of their Staffordshire bull terrier's behaviour.

They rang 999 at about 6.30am after the dog started to attack and police, armed officers, fire crews and paramedic were sent to the house.
Story and photographs here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...og-Fluffy.html

Fluffy? Scared of Fluffy?

Well they would say that, wouldn't they!

Your comments and views:
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-06-2014, 08:34 AM
I guess if you're scared then you're scared, who are we to judge. There are no details to reach any kind of conclusion tbh
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Would scare me too we hear so many terrible cases these days so it doesn't surprise me people become scared when their dog tries to attack them.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2014, 09:12 AM
it's the daily mail... probably never happened
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Actually I had to check the date and see if I could find any other reference to the occurrence, thinking maybe it was an April's Fool Joke, but I could not, but I honestly do not think I would call out the police, armed officers, fire crews and paramedics if I was scared of a dog I had named Fluffy?

Who is going to pay for the emergency services?

I mean who pays for those emergency services for a dog they have named Fluffy?

Would you be happy to do so?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Well to be fair you name your dog when it's around 8 weeks old so it's name is pretty irrelevant, plenty of people give their dogs ironic names such as tiny for a massive dog or a chihuahua named jaws or whatever some people just think it's funny. Personally I can't imagine ever being scared of one of my dogs but they were, what were they supposed to do after they'd shut themselves in the bedroom, just stay there till the dog calmed down? Which they'd be unaware off cos you can't see through a closed door.
We all pay for the emergency services through taxation but I don't expect them to consult me before they respond to each and every call lol
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2014, 10:46 AM
I agree with trouble, and would rather they spent money getting the coupe out safely than hear someone had been badly mauled or killed again.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2014, 12:39 PM
It does say that one occupant of the house was injured. That being the case, it does sound like a serious incident could have occurred if the couple had taken a confrontational approach.

It's sad when things get out of hand, but there could be many reasons for it doing so and not all the owners fault as is the conclusion many jump to.

Medical conditions can also play a part.

We weren't there so can't know what happened or why.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2014, 03:48 PM
wise words Chris; thank you.

malka;the first call would have been made to the police and it is they who will have made the decision what resources they called in. they will have needed for their own safety to cover all bases and possibilities.

if they had not done that and someone had got hurt, including one of their officers?

this was standard procedure.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Sounds like idiotic owners tbh - if they have a bull breed, or bull breed cross they should know how to train and bring up the dog correctly (otherwise, they shouldn't have got one!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top